Horizon / Plein textes La base de ressources documentaires de l'IRD

IRD

 

Publications des scientifiques de l'IRD

Bekkoussa S., Bekkoussa B., Taupin Jean-Denis, Patris Nicolas, Meddi M. (2018). Groundwater hydrochemical characterization and quality assessment in the Ghriss Plain basin, northwest Algeria. Journal of Water Supply Research and Technology-Aqua, 67 (5), 458-466. ISSN 0003-7214

Accès réservé (Intranet IRD) Demander le PDF

Lien direct chez l'éditeur doi:10.2166/aqua.2018.013

Titre
Groundwater hydrochemical characterization and quality assessment in the Ghriss Plain basin, northwest Algeria
Année de publication2018
Type de documentArticle référencé dans le Web of Science WOS:000451323600004
AuteursBekkoussa S., Bekkoussa B., Taupin Jean-Denis, Patris Nicolas, Meddi M.
SourceJournal of Water Supply Research and Technology-Aqua, 2018, 67 (5), p. 458-466. ISSN 0003-7214
RésuméA base line study involving analysis of groundwater samples from the Ghriss Plain Plio-quaternary aquifer, in northwest Algeria, was carried out to determine the major elements chemistry and to assess the hydrogeochemical processes and water quality for domestic use. The main groundwater facies in the area belong to the Mg-HCO3 and Mg-CI types. Based on TDS classification, 44.5% of the analyzed samples belong to fresh water and the remaining 55.5% to brackish water categories. A comparison of groundwater quality parameters in relation to WHO limits for drinking water shows that the concentrations of TDS, Cl- and NO3- exceed the desirable limits in many water samples. The principal component analysis (PCA) technique reveals the contribution of Cl-, Na+, Ca-2(+), K+ and Mg-2(+) in the salinization process and underlines the contamination of the groundwater with NO3- in relation to the widespread application of nitrate fertilizers and/or infiltration of untreated urban wastewater. The groundwater quality index (GWQI) shows that 70.5% of the water samples fall within the excellent-to-good category, whereas the remaining samples fall in the poor-to-unsuitable for drinking category.
Plan de classementHydrologie [062] ; Sciences fondamentales / Techniques d'analyse et de recherche [020]
Descr. géo.ALGERIE ; GHRISS BASSIN
LocalisationFonds IRD [F B010074516]
Identifiant IRDfdi:010074516
Lien permanenthttp://www.documentation.ird.fr/hor/fdi:010074516

Export des données

Disponibilité des documents

Télechargment fichier PDF téléchargeable

Lien sur le Web lien chez l'éditeur

Accès réservé en accès réservé

HAL en libre accès sur HAL


Accès aux documents originaux :

Le FDI est labellisé CollEx

Accès direct

Bureau du chercheur

Site de la documentation

Espace intranet IST (accès réservé)

Suivi des publications IRD (accès réservé)

Mentions légales

Services Horizon

Poser une question

Consulter l'aide en ligne

Déposer une publication (accès réservé)

S'abonner au flux RSS

Voir les tableaux chronologiques et thématiques

Centres de documentation

Bondy

Montpellier (centre IRD)

Montpellier (MSE)

Cayenne

Nouméa

Papeete

Abidjan

Dakar

Niamey

Ouagadougou

Tunis

La Paz

Quito